Tuesday 21 June 2011

Four selfish days.

Due to my 21st (honest) Birthday things have been a bit slow on the blog front. I've spent four days doing things I wanted rather than things that needed to be done, this of course included biking and on Sunday  I popped over to Thetford with my better half (Stacey). I had persuaded her to come along and ride the blue route with me to get a taste for off road cycling, her bike was a fully ridged Carrera Subway with dodgy gear and cable discs but she wouldn't let that slow her down, we hit the Blue route at a higher pace than I'd expected and covered about 7 miles, I was assured she enjoyed herself and would like to try something harder next time, this prompted me to dig through the shed and see what I could put together in a more MTB stylee (more on this soon). After the Blue we headed back to High lodge for a cuppa and some munch, with Stacey full of tea and me full of malt loaf I headed out to thrash round the Red. The trail conditions seemed really good, the recent rain making the sandy soil a bit more solid, I was blazing along and flying through berms and generally ripping the course apart, It's fair to say I was in the zone and at the cross roads I took the extra long loop to take in some trail I hadn't rode for a while, I was enjoying everything it had to throw at me. Upon finishing the route I flicked Endomondo off to see I had lapped the course in 50ish mins covering around 10.5 miles, Is this a resonable time? would be interested to know how quick others do a lap of the Red. With a total of about 18 miles covered I then headed over to see the guys from timber who were having their bike week, however by this time they were packing up and taking down the massive gazebo, it didn't seem like a good time to be hassling them, the ride on trail cutting type machine looked awesome though.