Thursday 7 July 2011

Charge Blender (Thrash bike project)

Oh yeah! received a frame sized box today containing a second hand Charge Blender frame in white, it has some marks on it but not too bad considering what the frame is designed for. My plan is to use as much good stuff from the shed as I can to build up a bike for general thrashing, jumping and winter riding. The frame had to tick some boxes first, which were: Be able to use on jumps, 4x etc, be reasonable to ride to trails and finally to use in the bleak winter months. After much research I settled for a steel Charge Blender frame which will run a 1x9 setup when finished. Although I don't want to spend much on it (yeah right!) I already have the idea of a smattering of British racing green or Lime green bits splashed about, all just ideas at the mo. I plan to recycle what I can and then have a massive sell off from the shed, follow the build here. I'll try to put up regular updates and also tech videos as I go.

ReatinRides.